This awesome activity for teaching about civilizations in Africa and Mesoamerica features 9 fully-editable Interactive pages using Google Drive! The pages cover the Maya, Aztec, Inca plus Ghana, Mali, and Songhai empires with a variety of links, graphic organizers, and more!
While it may seem off to bundle African civilizations with those in the Americas, this is how a lot of World History standards are grouped!These super-engaging pages can be completed all online with laptops, tablets, or any other device that supports Google Drive!
Topics covered in these pages include:
• Great Zimbabwe and the Shona people
• Timbuktu and trade routes in Africa
• The Gold-Salt Trade
• The empires of Ghana, Mali, and Songhai
• The Olmecs, Zapotecs, and early Mesoamerican civilizations
• Characteristics of the Mayan Civilization
• The Aztec Empire
• The Inca Empire
• Comparing the Maya, Aztec, and Inca
• A timeline of African and American civilizations
• Vocabulary activities and more!
Students use the dozens of included links to research, then type directly on the pages, insert images, and drag and drop information for a variety of engaging, interactive activities! This is a fantastic way to integrate technology into your classroom and can be completed without printing any paper! Awesome for a 1:1 school or just a trip to the computer lab.
An answer key for all 9 pages is included along with 2 pages of teacher directions. All you only need is a Google account and you're ready to go!
You can find more great Digital Interactive Notebooks for World History here!
Thanks so much for looking!