Thisincludes 25 engaging activities to teach a student-centered unit on the people, events, and history of the Civil Rights Movement in America.
The whole unit is based on state standards and years of successful classroom experience!
All of the following individual resources are included. Be sure to click on each one for images, details, and reviews:
- A inspired by the "Freedom Riders" with 7 one page readings on major events of the Civil Rights Movement that students read as they travel around the room.
- A visually-engaging 26-slide with embedded videos, great images, quotes, and more.
- A - with 3 documents and questions.
- A worksheet on the with a reading and questions.
- An overview of the that includes a background reading and comprehension questions.
- A worksheet titled on how the popular children's radio show helped humiliate the KKK.
- A fantastic "craftivity" - in which students create 3D buses based on Rosa Parks achievements.
- A worksheet titled that details landmark Supreme Court Cases like Brown v. the Board of Education.
- A selection of pages from the
- This fantastic, hands-on primary source of
- This fun and engaging pop-up
- This new set!
PLUS you will also receive an additional 14 more resources! These include short biographies of civil rights leaders, additional worksheets, another PowerPoint, a quiz, review materials, and more!
All of these great activities are organized to follow a complete 2 week unit, including a unit guide that you can see in the free preview.